Trading as the Russian Relief Association of St Sergius of Radonezh | ABN 20 071 400 470

churchHistory

The Russian Relief Association as it is known today was formed in 1945 with the main objective of helping Russian compatriots disadvantaged as a result of the Second World War. In 1957, the original organisation changed its name to the Russian Relief Association of St Sergius of Radonezh, with the new objective of providing care for elderly Russians and other people of Slavic backgrounds. The Association adopted a new emblem incorporating a cross (representing faith and believe), an anchor (representing hope and safety) and a heart (representing love and care), and opened a home for 28 aged residents.

Over a period of more than 50 years, the Association’s members, Board of Directors and staff have built upon this small beginning to create a large and modern aged-care complex. Equipped with the latest technology and equipment, the facility provides aging in place care on a 24/7 principle to 148 high and low care residents, as well as offering an independent village for 21 self-care residents. Highly qualified management and staff provide care for our whole community of residents and undergo continuing education to keep in step with new legislation and requirements.

We have recently published a short history of the The Russian Relief Association. Copies have been sent to all members. An electonic copy is available online.

History Brochure Dowload here


Home | Back to top | Contact Us